Yes, I have been personally and profoundly impacted by breast cancer. I lost my twin sister 3 years ago to breast cancer. Please see the article that I wrote about what a remarkable person she was. http://www.knoxnews.com/news/local-news/my-twin-sisters-courage_05611460
In 2010, I too was diagnosed with breast cancer, and have undergone surgery and chemotherapy. It has now been 5 years, and although the 5 year mark is something of a milestone, we know all too well that the cancer can return. My family has suffered other losses, including a much younger cousin. Yet I do not carry the genetic marker for the disease. There is still so much that is not known about prevention and treatment of the disease.
I have been a member of the Jazzercise Race for the Cure Team for several years. This is such an awesome support group - I just love them!
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation today in support of my fundraising efforts. You can donate online with your credit card by clicking the button above my fundraising thermometer.
Your support helps us get one step closer to a world without breast cancer. 75 percent of the money raised through the Race stays in the local community to fund local breast cancer screening and patient assistance programs. The remaining 25 percent teams with Affiliates across the nation to support groundbreaking breast cancer research.
Together, we are fueling the best science, boldest community and biggest impact in the fight against breast cancer. And we will not stop until this disease is gone forever. That’s our promise. Will you please join me in this fight by making a donation today?